This is the time of year when construction law firms may not be quite as busy in a few parts of the country, but the reality is that there are still a number of services that lawyers for construction companies provide their clients even during the coldest of the winter months.
Just as many construction companies rely on legal advice to help them negotiate contracts and settlements, there are also many other businesses and individuals that rely on legal help to succeed. From employment law firms to commercial real estate lawyers, there are a number of legal experts who help clients understand their options and get the help that they need.
Whether you are a parent who is trying to get your estate plans in order or you are looking for a litigation attorney to help with a difficult employee who needs to be let go, it is always important to get the help you need as soon as possible. Few, if any, situations get better if the need for legal help is ignored. Consider these statistics about the many times when people find themselves LOOKING FOR AN ATTORNEY:
- Lawyers often specialize in very specific kinds of cases. Finding an attorney who specializes in the help that you need is always in your best interest.
- One new area that is addressed by construction lawyers is 3D printed materials and plans. So far, construction companies that use 3-D printers today mainly print concrete materials.
- One of the best reasons to get help from an attorney is that a 2005 review of civil cases filed in state courts indicate that plaintiffs win bench trials 68% of the time.
- Knowing who to turn to for legal help can also make you one of the 54% of people who win in jury trials.
- In 2015, the American Arbitration Association administered 551 construction industry cases with claims of $500,000 or more.
- Nearly $2.6 billion, the largest mediated construction case in that 2015 time span was substantial.
- Getting the bigger picture, the total value of all claims and counterclaims in 2015 was $5.5 billion.
- Finding the right attorney when needed can help all kinds of clients understand the options that are available to them.
- One state’s laws can vary from another, but in the state of Texas, a breach of contract claim must be filed within four years, unless the contract specifies two years.
- Real esate lawyers help both buyers and sellers create a contact that will lead to a successful closing.
- According to the American Arbitration Association, the largest case resolved by one arbitrator was a claim of $232 million.
- Noting the opposite end of the spectrum, the smallest case, one resolved by a panel of three arbitrators was a claim for a much smaller $23,000.
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) is the preferred conflict-management process in the construction industry, according to the American Arbitration Association.
- The use of drones will help engineers and architects tackle various construction tasks more accurately, according to Colin Guinn of 3-D Robotics. These drones, however, require specific kinds of licensing and certifications.
- The ISO Builders Risk Coverage Form CP 00 20 is the basic avenue to builders risk coverage in the simplified language commercial property program.
- One important detail is that the median time frame from filing to award for 2015 construction arbitration cases was just 232 days, just slightly less than eight months.
- Realizing the need for lawyers for construction companies is an important step to making sure contracts are properly prepared.
- Navigating difficult contract creation can be a challenge without the right legal help.
- Estimates from April 2006 to January 2011, the construction industry eliminated more than 40% of its work force.
- Yearly totals from the U.S. construction market were worth approximately $1,162 billion in the year 2016.
When you find yourself LOOKING FOR AN ATTORNEY it is important to contact a legal resource as soon as possible. From getting advice about the paperwork needed for estate planning to knowing when it is time to contact lawyers for construction companies, it is important to find a resource who is experienced in the kind of legal help that you need. Lawyers for construction companies, for instance, are often the most qualified resource when it comes to looking for help with new construction contracts.