Sex crimes defense attorneys can have some challenging situations. In fact, law firms that deal with clients who are charged with a sex crime charges situations. In addition, those charged with drug offenses are often in search of experienced law firms that can help them understand the options that are available.
No parent wakes up wanting to face the news that they have a child who has been charged with a sex offense or drug charges. When the worst happens, however, it is important to find the most experienced resources to help navigate what will definitely be the most challenging of situations. The fact of the matter is everyday when you go to work you may be along side others who have dealt with some of these challenges. From sex crimes to drug charges, many people have pasts that they would rather forget about. Knowing that you have found a law firm that can help you or your loved one deal with a difficult legal case provides some confidence that you, too, will be able to move past the challenges that you face today.
Findng the Right Law Firm Helps Many Families Navigate Challenging Legal Cases
Although no law firm can guarantee success in any case, it is important to realize that if you are not well prepared for the charges that face you, you will likely be facing more serious penalties. When you face a legal challenge, finding a law firm that can help you get back to your life is important. Statistics from July 1, 2015 indicate more than 70 million people have criminal records indexed by the Interstate Identification Index (III). Many of these people are living productive lives as a result of a well planned legal defense. They still had to serve time, pay fines, or a combination of the two, but they have moved on to living productive lives.
Many people, especially in their youth, make bad decisions. And while many of them have had to pay their restitution, it is also important to make sure that these people have the opportunity to eventually return to a normal life. There are some sex offenders who will need to be monitored their entire lives, but there are others who can change how they act and become productive members of society.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when Americans find themselves looking for a law firm that can help them understand the legal options that are available:
- The FBI estimated that there were 1,572,579 arrests for drug law violations in the U.S. in 2016.
- Of the 1.18 million arrests for drug law violations in the U.S. in 2016, 84.7% were for possession of a controlled substance.
- Although there are differences from one state to the next, in Ohio alone, 1.9 million people have criminal records, according to the Ohio Justice and Policy Center.
- Of all claims looked at in a five year study, 100% of the alleged perpetrators were male. In fact, that five year study conducted by United Educators found a significant increase in the number of claims brought against colleges and universities by alleged perpetrators of sexual assault.
- In the same five year United Educators study, approximately 67% of alleged perpetrators of college campus sexual assault claimed the school did not follow its own disciplinary procedures regarding the handling of sexual misconduct.
- Again, while the numbers are different in other states, Ohio sexual assaults were reported at a rate of 86.9 per 100,000 population in the year 2015.
- Federal law defines child pornography as any visual depiction of sexually explicit conduct involving a minor, which is defined as any persons less than 18 years old.
- In addition, people in Ohio with criminal records face nearly 900 barriers known as collateral sanctions in state laws that restrict their employment, housing, family involvement, as well as other rights and privileges, most directly affecting the ability to work.
Legal problems can be difficult. They are embarrassing. They have significant consequences. They can be frightening. If you face a difficult legal situation, the best step you can make is finding an experienced legal representative who can help you understand all of the options that are available.