The 18 wheeler should not have been on the residential street, but the driver was evidently off course. And while he was not speeding when he came through the neighborhood, his rig was too big to successfully navigate the corner in front of your home. As he made the last corner his trailer literally pushed your car out of the way and onto the lawn. The resulting damage extended from the front of the car clear to the back of the car. Fortunately, the driver of the 18 wheeler stopped and took responsibility. You were sitting in the house and did not even know that the damage had happened.
Semi Truck Accident Attorneys Can Help You Find the Solutions You Need
Tractor trailer accident lawyers can help victims of accident access the resources that they need to recover. Whether it is a simple accident with a parked car on a street or a far more complicated personal injury accident, getting the legal advice that you need can help connect you with the resources to recover physically, mentally, and financially.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the legal situations and personal injury accidents that occur that might benefit from getting legal advice as soon as possible:
- Lawsuits are a significant part of the nation’s economy. In fact, $239 billion is the annual cost of civil lawsuits to the U.S.
- Estimates indicate that 3 million people are injured every year in car accidents on U.S. roads.
- Getting the help you need sooner rather than later is always a good idea if you have been the victim of a personal injury accident.
- As many as 64% of fatal semi-truck accidents involve a semi-truck towing one trailer.
- Letting the other driver’s insurance company decide on a settlement number is rarely the best decision.
- Ho many times a day do you see other drivers who are using their phone while they are driving. Unfortunately, statistics show that during daylight hours as many as 660,000 people are using cellphones while driving.
- Every year in the U.S. there are 6 million car accidents.
- Lives can change in an instant when a driver is not fully rested. Unfortunately, driver fatigue is a factor in 13% of truck accidents, according to a study by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- Professional 18 wheeler drivers are trained professionals, but if they are distracted they can be very dangerous.
If you find yourself in need of LEGAL HELP it is often in your best interest to get that help as soon as possible. Consulting with an attorney before you settle a case may mean that you will have access to more resources to help you recover.
Read more blogs like this.