The most recent book that your church book club read was called Finding Sylvie Lee. In the story one of the main characters is a Chinese immigrant living with first her husband and her family in New York City. Traveling across the ocean to Amsterdam to visit her dying grandmother, Sylvie finds herself immersed in a culture that is nothing like she sees in the largest city in the U.S. One of the biggest adjustments, of course, is relearning how to cross the street. With bike lanes marked on every major road in the city, in fact, bike accidents can be a major problem if Sylvie does not quickly and adequately familiarize herself with the roles of the road. In fact, Sylvie is quick to notice that there are many advertisements for bicycle attorneys and personal injury claims law firms.
What seems like a fun way to get around the city, in fact, can be problematic for a tourist who is unfamiliar with the intensity of many of the riders who are on their way to work or to school.
Motor Vehicle Crashes and Personal Injury Cases Create a Number of Challenges for Victims and Their Families
No matter where you live or where you vacation it is important to realize that there are many rules and regulations that you need to follow when you are on the road. For some countries, in fact, bicycle attorneys are as busy as motor cycle attorneys. In any case, personal injury attorneys offer a way for many people to access the resources that they need to recover after an accident that is caused by someone else’s carelessness. And while the guilty party’s attorney may attempt to force you into a quick settlement, it is important to note that you are often better off if you hire your own legal representative. For instance, bicycle attorneys likely have experiences in understanding the kind of initial health care, as well as the needed physical and occupational therapy that will be needed to recover and to return a normal life.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many reasons why working with the most experienced bicycle attorneys, as well as other personal injury lawyers:
- Slip, trip, and fall injuries account for about 25% of all reported injury claims every fiscal year.
- 17,000 slip and fall accidents, also known as premises liability accidents, occur every year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports.
- 22% of slip and fall incidents resulted in more than 31 days away from work.
- The most common personal injury cases are motor vehicle accidents, suffered by 52%, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.
- The second most common personal injury cases are medical malpractice, suffered by 15%, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.
- The third most common personal injury cases are product liability, suffered by 5%, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.
- although numbers can vary from one state to another and from year to year, there were 3,651 deaths from motor vehicles in California in the year 2018.
- 95% to 96% of personal injury cases are settled pretrial, so it is important to have the most experienced legal representative working on your side.
- The latest statistics indicate that 3 million people are injured every year in car accidents on roads in the U.S.
- There are approximately 6 million car accidents in the U.S. each year.
Whether you are close to home or far away on vacation, it is important to understand the rules of the road so that you can keep yourself and others as safe as possible. In the event of an accident, however, it is important that you get the legal help that you need to access the resources that can help you return to the kind of life that you lived before the accident. Asking for help sooner rather than later can help you best be prepared for the kind of recovery that you will need to make.
Your own legal representative will typically have your best interest at heart. Agreeing a settlement too early, for example, might mean that you are not going to have the resources that you will need for a full recovery.