This summer has been much busier than you intended. Going into the month of May you were looking forward to a summer of getting to make the four hour drive to your lake house more frequently. You were certain, in fact, that this would be the summer when you would spend more time at the lake than at your house of 27 years where you raised two daughters.
A simple conversation with the neighbor and his son, however, turned all of the normal plans upside down. That simple conversation turned into a series of meetings with a real estate lawyer where you decided to sell your home to the neighbor’s son. Getting rid of your large home has been something that you eventually knew you would do, but you had always imagined that you would wait another four to five years. When the perfect buyer surfaced, however, the real estate lawyer agreed that this was an excellent opportunity. You own three rentals in town, and though they are all much smaller, moving into one of them for the next few years was an excellent option.
This summer has been filled with days of sorting, selling, and packing, but you are nearing the end. And while this summer’s trips to the lake were often little more than furniture moving expeditions, you really believe that now the time at the lake house will increase. Without the large acreage to mow at the house and the small space of your new place, the trips to the lake are very attractive.
Getting the Right Legal Advice Helps with Many of Life’s Most Challenging Transitions
Whether you are dealing with a property sale with a real estate lawyer or you are consulting with lawyers about personal injury claims, there are many times in life when it makes sense to get legal help. From slip and fall lawyers to understanding your parents’ right in a nursing home neglect law, it is often important to seek out the legal advice that you need sooner rather than later.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times in life when a legal professional may be able to help you get the answers that you are looking for:
- 52% of personal injury cases relate to motor vehicle accidents, many of which involve a distracted driver.
- 40% of nursing home residents in the U.S. have reported abuse. In fact, more than 90% have reported that either they or another resident have suffered from neglect in a nursing home
- A recent study indicated that only one in 14 cases of elder abuse are ever reported to authorities.
- 55% to 70% of Americans do not have even a simple will or an estate plan.
- 22% of slip and fall incidents resulted in more than 31 days away from work.
- 95% to 96% of personal injury cases are settled pretrial.
Many of the transitions that we face in life are more challenging if you do not make use of the best available resources. Finding the right kind of legal advice when you are selling real estate, for instance, can help you think through the steps that are most important.