There are many times in life when the mistakes of another can cause problems. Distracted drivers run stop lights. Doctors operate on the wrong ankle. Workplace accidents lead to serious injuries. If you find yourself dealing with a personal injury accident or a medical malpractice case, it is in your best interest to make sure that you have a legal representative who can help you understand the options that you have available.
From truck accident lawyers to wrongful death attorneys, there are many resources available to help you recover from the situation that you find yourself in. Did you know, for instance, that as many as 94% to 95% of personal injury cases are settled outside of the courtroom? With the help of the right lawyer, however, you may be able to reach a settlement that will help you deal with the medical bills, the rehabilitation costs, and the mental trauma that you endured.
Left on your own, however, you may be left to face the lawyers and insurance company of the person or the business who caused the damage. Those entities are not looking out for your best interest. Instead, they are trying to find a way to limit their exposure.
From medical malpractice cases to car accidents, it is often in your best interest to contact your own legal adviser as soon as possible so that you understand the options that may be available to you. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times that people find themselves in need of a personal injury or medical malpractice attorney:
- Drivers are 23 times more likely to crash if they are texting while driving than if they are giving the road their full attention.
- The yearly incidence of birth injury is seven per every 1,000 births.
- Fatal workplace injuries showed a dramatic increase in the year 2016, rising by 7% over the number of workplace fatalities tallied in the year 2015.
- Only one in eight preventable medical errors committed in hospitals results in a malpractice claim because too many victims fail to get their own legal counsel.
- 22% of slip and fall incidents result in more than 31 days away from work, leading to a loss of income that is difficult for many workers to handle.
- 2.9 million nonfatal workplace illnesses and injuries were reported by private industry employers in the year 2016.
Whether you have a child dealing with a birth injury caused by an accident in the delivery room or you are trying to recover from a workplace accident, you should consider contacting your own attorney to attempt to get the help that you need.