Your personal health is an important thing to keep an eye on. To have your health jeopardized is not only a detriment on yourself, but it is a harm on your wallet. If your health becomes bad enough it can lead to serious issues, ones that can seriously affect your ability to work and earn your monetary living. If your health is jeopardized by the negligence of another person, you might be able to receive benefits to help in your time of need. If this is the case, you should consider consulting an accident lawyer and seeing if you have the ability to submit a personal injury claim.
Serious accidents happen, unfortunately:
- The most common accidents, in order, as researched by the U.S. Dept. of Justice, are caused by vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, and product liability
- A person is injured in a drunk driving crash every two minutes
- Slip and fall accidents, ones caused by wet floors our ice outside of businesses, are caused by the negligence of others
These types of personal injury happen under unfortunate circumstances, and if they have lead towards the requirement of medical treatment or financial need, you might be eligible to seek out legal help through the use of an accident lawyer.
A personal injury lawsuit, at its core, is a civil lawsuit in which an injured party seeks reparations from the party responsible for said injury. Utilizing a law firm and an accident lawyer, under such circumstances, can help ensure that you receive the reparations that are deserved. However, while you might have been seriously hurt in an accident, you may not actually have a personal injury claim. There are a few things you should consider when consulting a lawyer, seeing if you might have a personal injury case on your hands:
- Did you suffer a personal injury — one to the body, mind, or your emotional state — and not just damage to your property? Consider this being a a car accident, where you may not have been injured but your car was damaged. This wouldn’t lead to a personal injury case.
- Were you injured due to the negligence of another person/company? So to say, was your accident caused by the fault of someone else, a way in which they failed to consider the outcome of their actions?
- Are their money damages that you are owed? In this respect, did this injury lead to mounting medical bills, wages lost, or a diminished quality of life? If so, there might be a case that can seek out a monetary settlement for what you have lost and endured.
If it turns out that you can positively affirm all of these questions, than you very well might have a viable personal injury case. In this regard, the help of an accident lawyer will aid you in taking procedural methods to ensure that you receive the payout that you rightly deserve, dependent upon the circumstances of the accident and the parties involved. If the case is handled well enough, it can be settled out of court, as only 4% to 5% of American personal injury cases actually end up going to court.
So, if you have been injured due to the negligence of another, such in a way that has negatively affected your life and your ability to secure income, the help of an accident lawyer can help you settle a personal injury claim or case.