The world of work injury and compensation can be confusing and difficult to navigate. Unfortunately, accidents, illnesses, and injuries at work can happen, leaving the victim feeling overwhelmed and uncertain of their rights or how to proceed. This is why it’s essential to hire skilled and experienced workers comp attorneys when experiencing a work-related injury or illness.
Whether it’s an agency worker injured at work having difficulty getting workers comp while pregnant, the expertise of an experienced workers comp attorney can help ensure that one receives the benefits they deserve. An attorney can assess the workplace conditions, determine if you are eligible for any benefits, and help you through the complicated process of filing for the benefits. An experienced workers compensation attorney can also provide counsel and legal advice when dealing with hard to place workers compensation cases, saving you time and protecting your rights.
No matter the injury or circumstances – from workplace falls, to carpal tunnel, to workers compensation benefits pregnancy – the help of a good law firm can be the difference between getting the compensation you deserve and being left out of pocket. This article aims to explore the various benefits of hiring an experienced workers compensation law firm and how they can help you obtain workers compensation benefits.
A workplace injury can affect every area of your life. It can impact spending time with your family, your social life, your finances, and your future. Dealing with the workers’ comp process can be overwhelming. Many people choose lawyers that specialize in workers’ compensation to help them navigate the process and get the best outcome.
There are different types of worker’s compensation that are available. Most workers are not well versed in what worker’s compensation has to offer or even what the employer’s workers comp claims address. This is not knowledge that is generally shared with employees.
It can be difficult to get basic information like the phone number for the worker’s compensation board or what compensation you may be entitled to. Of course, not knowing how to manage the process only adds to the stress of the situation.
Employers often do not make the process easy for their employees. A workplace injury can come with pain, suffering, and a lot of stress. Many workers report that their employers seemed committed to closing a workers comp case even after their doctor reported they could not return to work yet.
If you have been hurt on the job, you may not know what to do. At present, about 74% of the states have programs for workers compensation benefits. The problem is that many people do not know how to get the best settlement for your case. That is where a good workers compensation law firm can help. Here are several reasons to at least talk to workers compensation lawyers in your area:
- It costs a lot less than you may think to work with a workers compensation law firm. Most of the time, workers compensation attorneys do not charge their clients a fee unless they win. Even then, the amount they charge is usually capped. In general, the most they will take is 20% of what you receive. Even taking their fee into consideration, you will end up ahead of the game when you hire a good workers compensation attorney to help you with your case.
- They can help you make sure you are getting everything you deserve. Many workers do not know what exactly they are entitled to under workers compensation law. When you have a good workers compensation law firm on your side, they can review all of your paperwork and all of your documents to make sure you are getting every last penny that you deserve. The company handling the claim may try to low ball you in terms of what you are losing vis-a-vis your pay. They will underestimate your wages and salary to pay you less. That can cost you a lot of money that you should be getting. There may be other benefits you can get that you do not know about, and the insurance company is not going to tell you about programs if they can cut their costs by not informing you but your lawyer can ferret out all of the benefits you are entitled to getting.
- Your lawyer can protect your rights. Most workers have no idea what there rights are when it comes to filing workers comp claims. You cannot expect to protect your rights if you do not know what they are. Sometimes, an insurance company may claim that you are not entitled to help paying for a back injury you sustained at work because they claim that it was a pre-existing condition. That may or may not be the case but when you have a workers compensation law firm by your side, they can keep your rights from being violated this (and other) ways.
- They understand the law. For most people, being injured or made sick by work conditions is not something they ever expect to experience. As a consequence, most people are not aware of what they need to do to get through the process and get the benefits they should get. Your workers compensation law firm can explain the process because they have studied it and have experience working with that system. Moreover, the rules and regulations that govern workers compensation cases is subject to change. You need an expert to help you navigate the waters.
- A good law firm can give you objective advice. You are not in the best position to objectively evaluate your workers compensation case because you are the person who has been hurt. Neither are your friends or family (they care too much about you) and your employer and the insurance company have an agenda that differs from yours. Workers compensation law firms have no reason to not give you the most objective reading of your case and your chances for success. It is in their best interests to only take on the best cases. They would lose money if they took every case that they found.
Most Americans cannot afford to take off any time from work due to an injury. It is estimated that about three quarters of people in the United States live from one paycheck to the next. A full 27% have not a dime of savings. For them, an injury at work can be financial disaster. That is where a good workers compensation law firm can help. At the very least, you should go in and talk to a lawyer about your case, that is free.